Thursday 12 February 2015

Why I am leaving ......

So, here goes. Last summer Kev got really ill and was in hospital for 10 days. He had a water infection, pneumonia and a systemic virus which travel round his body attacking his major organs.

To be honest it was a pretty grim time. It did however get Kev thinking about life and such. Kev had worked in the city for over 20 years to support me and the kids even though it wasn't really what he wanted to be doing anymore. We came to the conclusion that life is too short to be doing something you have hated for so long. An opportunity came along for Kev to work for a local business but this did mean a big pay cut, one which we couldn't really afford. Now, Kev has supported me ever since we fell pregnant with Callum ( we had only been together 9 months and I was just 20). Don't get me wrong, I have always worked part time because I am one of those people who has to do something but now it was time for me to support Kev in his new career path which in turn meant I needed to work more to bump up the missing money. This led me to the heartbreaking decision that I had to leave Sugar and Spice. So, after applying for nearly 40 jobs (no one really wanted me) I managed to get one.

As of the 21st February I'll be leaving Sugar and Spice to go and work in a local coffee shop, Caffe and Cream in Billericay High Street.

Marion and I made a little film about my move but also Marion's plans for the future.

I can't tell you how much I am going to miss everyone especially Marion, Barbie, all the lovely customers and the guys at the craft village. X x x

 
 

 

6 comments:

Lynne Gilbert said...

You'll not be a million miles away nina so I'm sure you'll stay in touch. Sometimes life takes us on little journeys so cherish every moment and enjoy your new adventure. Hugs. Xxx

Paula Pascual said...

Of course they wanted you! But you are far too fabulous for them, that's why they had to pass you.
You are a very wonderful person! And by what Marion says, a wonderful employee! Never you forget that!!!

Vicky said...

Best of luck Nina xx

PaperArtsy said...

You are awesome. I'm sure your new workmates will be thrilled to have you too. Good luck for the days ahead. And you're right. Life is too short. Good for you guys!!

Handmade with Love said...

What a lovely post! It really brings home what's important in life. I wish you and Kev so much luck and love in this new exciting time of your lives. I am sure it will bring you lots of happiness. xxx

misteejay said...

Sad news for us Nina but I wish you all the very best for the future.
Toni xx