Saturday 10 August 2013

Lamb Coconut Curry

I love food. I also love cooking. This week I tried out a most yummy curry which I plan to cook for a couple of lovely people. It was delish! I was asked to share the recipe so here goes.....
This recipe serves 6. I halved it.
1kg lamb leg steaks, cut into chunks
3 hot red chillies - stalks removed
8 garlic cloves, peeled
4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
2 tbsp grated ginger
2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
Zest and juice of 4 limes
3 tbsp groundnut oil
4 onions, peeled and finely sliced
600ml coconut milk
450g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
350g green beans ( I always have frozen ones in the freezer)
3 tbsp Thai fish sauce


Right, I know the ingredients list is long but it's worth it!
Place the lamb in a bowl. Blend the chillies, garlic, coriander, ginger, rosemary, lime zest and juice in a blender until it makes a fine paste. Add to the lamb and mix well. I like to use my hands for this. Cover and leave to marinade for an hour minimum.
Hear the oil in a large pan and fry the onions until golden. Add the meat a handful at a time, browning on all sides.



Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Add just enough water to cover the meat. Simmer for an hour.
Add the sweet potato and cook for about 20 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender. Add the beans and fish sauce and cook for 5 more minutes.
Serve with basmati rice


Enjoy! - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad - Bug Pad

No comments: